NCHIP Government Grants for Criminal Record Scanning
Do you know about the National Criminal History Improvement Program (NCHIP)? The grant, as established by the Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS), “provides direct awards and technical assistance to states and localities to improve the quality, timeliness, and immediate accessibility of criminal history records and related information.” The program intends to ensure the accurate and immediate access to criminal records used in law enforcement, including sex offender registries, firearm purchases, felony convictions, warrants, records of protective orders, convictions involving domestic violence and stalking, drug arrests and convictions, mental health adjudications, and others. Automating these records will also reduce wait times for gun purchasers with no criminal records.
“Eligible applicants are limited to the agency designated by the governor in each state to administer the NCHIP program and federally recognized Indian tribal governments (as determined by the Secretary of the Interior).”
NCHIP Program Goals
- To make more records available to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS)
- Updating and automating case outcomes in state records and the FBI’s Criminal History File
- Converting manual records to electronic records in accordance with CJIS policies
- Establishing more effective accuracy and information quality controls
- Converting juvenile records to the adult system
- Upgrading equipment where appropriate to improve availability of data
- Developing access to data on persons prohibited from firearm purchases under the Gun Control Act (18 U.S.C. Section 922)
- Participation in the FBI’s Identification for Firearms Sales (IFFS) program
- Reduce delays for law-abiding gun purchasers
- Comply with requirements for NICS record-keeping and transaction status reports
- Establish electronic interfaces or information exchanges to provide a complete data review in connection with background checks
- Automatic criminal record databases
- Full participation in the III and National Fingerprint File (NFF), including adoption and implementation of the National Crime Prevention and Privacy Compact
- Synchronizing records between the state and the FBI
- Developing software and hardware to enable electronic access to state records
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted through www.Grants.gov. We can help you find an experienced grant writer to assist you in the application process.
How We Can Help
- We can help you find a grant writer to assist you
- After the grant process, we can help you complete your record scanning and digitization goals
- CJIS compliant digital scanning of criminal history record jackets
- CJIS compliant staff, scanning process, and scanning facility (or on-site at your location)
- High speed, large volume scanning equipment (400 pages per minute)
- High quality on-site color scanning
- Contracts with experienced grant writers for your NCHIP application
Contact Us for Criminal History Improvement Record Scanning
Southwest Solutions Group® provides on-site CJIS compliant criminal history record scanning and digitization. We will even scan, index, and upload a box of your records for free so you can try our services before you buy. For more information or to speak with a scanning specialist, call us at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message today.
The post NCHIP Government Grants for Criminal Record Scanning appeared first on INNOVATIVE STORAGE SOLUTIONS.