energy saving methods for warehouses
It's no secret that energy efficiency is a constant challenge for warehouses. For some, energy costs are more than 10% of a warehouse's total revenue. Air conditioning and heating systems are not always feasible for warehouses, and even if they are, warehouses lose a significant amount of money by air conditioning the entire facility when it doesn't need to be. This article will provide some energy efficient warehouse heating and cooling methods with big ceiling fans that will reduce your warehouse's energy consumption and overhead costs.
long-term energy efficient solutions
While there are many quick fixes for short-term energy reduction, putting forth a little time and investment can ensure that your warehouse will stay energy efficient throughout the year. Big ceiling fans from Go Fan Yourself® can be a large factor in your energy reduction whether your warehouse is air conditioned or not. If your warehouse is air conditioned, the big ceiling fans save energy by improving air circulation and the additional evaporative cooling effect allows you to lower or raise your temperature settings.
Big ceiling fans are also more energy efficient for warehouse heating and cooling than smaller, higher-velocity fans; in fact, one big ceiling fan can provide the same effect of several smaller high-speed fans and operate at a lesser cost per kW. Go Fan Yourself's large diameter fans are a step above the competition because they can also give you the same energy savings in winter with their reversible operation. Operating the fans in reverse brings hot air trapped in the ceiling down to de-stratify uneven temperatures. The fans don't lose any efficiency when run in reverse and it won't have any negative impact on the warranty, unlike competitive fans.
Additional Benefits Of big ceiling fans for energy efficient warehouse heating & cooling
Other additional benefits of installing big ceiling fans from Go Fan Yourself in your warehouse include:
- Quiet, efficient operation: largest 24 foot fans consume less power than an average hairdryer
- Very low maintenance
- Inexpensive operation: approximately 6 cents/hour for one fan at 0.75 kw
- Minimizes need for expensive duct work on new construction
- Comfortable work environment increases productivity, decreases absenteeism, and reduces risk of heat-related injury
- Extended equipment life: the fans don't need to cycle as often or as long as other fans
- Year-round energy savings
- Tubercle-style blades move more air with fewer blades and less noise
- Evaporative airflow protects equipment from damage due to humidity and condensation
- Decreases or removes airborne pollutants
- Fans available in 8', 12', 16', 20', and 24' diameters
- Capable of rotating up to 400,000 cfm
- Operates on 0.75 to 1.5 kw
- Variable frequency drive for soft starts and variable speed operation from 0-100%
- Safety clips, blade safety links, and collet-type friction drive bushing technology
- Reversible operation for destratifying air in winter
- Fans can cover an area up to 230 ft in diameter
- Ability to link multiple fans
- Fire system & HVAC compatible
- Equipped and compliant with ESFR Control Relays and are fully UL approved
- Minimum ceiling height should equal or exceed the diameter of the fan installed (ex: a 24' fan should have a 24' minimum ceiling height)
Contact Us For energy efficient warehouse heating & cooling
Southwest Solutions Group® provides design and installation services for energy efficient warehouse heating and cooling methods with big ceiling fans. SSG will even provide a free consultation to determine your warehouse's exact needs before the installation process begins. To learn more or to speak with a specialist, call us at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message today.