It’s a common problem in healthcare: a lot of things to store, and not enough storage space. This is exactly the issue a Seattle area hospital was having with their storage; it just took up too much space, and hospital staff were spending too much time on retrieval and re-stocking. With the help of Jim Deller from SSG, the medical center decided to implement modular bin shelves to replace their standard wire carts in each of their Replenishment Rooms as well as in their ED, ER, and Respiratory Departments.
The previously-used wire carts were functional, but didn’t allow the hospital to run as efficiently as possible. It took a substantial amount of valuable time for nurses and staff to find the supplies they needed, and this translated into lost time with patients. The hospital wanted to provide the absolute best healthcare from a service and human standpoint, and discovered that this could easily be done by just managing their inventory better—and with a storage system that would allow for flexibility and growth into the future as well.
How The Modular Bin Shelves Improved Supply Storage
Now, the medical center enjoys 40% additional capacity in each area, enhanced visibility for users and inventory staff, and easier and quicker access to fast-moving supplies. This means nurses aren’t spending as much time “hunting and gathering” supplies, and more time with their patients. Click here to watch a video about how it works.
- Are you using any of your overhead vertical space, or is everything spread out over your floor area?
- Are your aisles tight and difficult to maneuver in?
- Are your carts always shifting and moving, making it even more difficult to work in said aisles?
- Can you see your entire inventory at once?
- Do nurses and staff have to spend their time searching for what they need?
- Does your supply room fit a limited number of people?
- Do you have to re-stock your inventory daily or multiple times per day?
- Do you think you can do better?
If your answer to any of these questions was “yes,” then it sounds like modular bin shelves could be a valuable asset. The bin shelves can:
- Double your storage capacity in a smaller footprint than racks and carts
- Open up your storage area for easy maneuverability and other tasks
- Increase your number of floor items
- Decrease re-stocking trips
- Increase your floor supply
- Prevent costly building expansions with a smaller storage footprint
- Provide enhanced flexibility to adapt to your changing needs
Contact Us for Modular Bin Shelves
Southwest Solutions Group provides design and installation services for modular bin shelves. We will also be happy to provide you with a free consultation to determine your exact needs and specifications before you commit to buying anything. For more information or to speak with a healthcare specialist, call us at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message today.
The post Modular Bin Shelves Provide More Hospital Storage Capacity appeared first on INNOVATIVE STORAGE SOLUTIONS.